Last week I published a short 2 minute Legal COVID9 podcast to help you think through any gaps that may be in your estate plan.
At Swift Legal we have been specialising in remote legal services for years so we are well positioned to journey with you through these trying times. We use a number of online platforms including Skype, Zoom and Facebook and can assist you set up the connection. All one needs in most circumstances is a smart phone and you can have your will drawn up from the comfort and security of your own home.
We can make special arrangements for open air personal attendances if the circumstances require.
I would be happy to discuss family kits inclusive of extended family members to ensure everyone in your family is covered.
From an estate planning perspective there are a few things that you may like to ensure are in place.
- Wills – ensure you know where the original is, the contents are an up to date reflection of current wishes and executors are aware of their role and location of your will.
- Ensure your executors are across your assets and liabilities, it may be prudent to make some notes for them.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date.
- Enduring Power of Attorney – who can step in and make health and financial decisions should be unable to.
- Superannuation – benefits aren’t automatically handled as part of the will. Check death benefit nominations are current and legal, some of them lapse or expire. I’ve seen nominations that don’t come within the rules so the intended beneficiary has missed out. If this happens, it’s likely your super may not be distributed in the way that you want. Checking on your death benefit nominations is very prudent.
- Life Insurance – ensure you have sufficient cover to provide for loved ones and that death nominations are accurately recorded.
We can also assist with family law property settlements, trusts, superannuation claims and deceased estates.
Give me a call on 0491 118 120 for an obligation free chat, if I don’t pick up, please leave a message as my voicemail service is regularly checked.
Take care of yourselves.